To make this project I used the steps below:
- The blue base was cut at 4.625 x 6.25 and I inked the edges in blue.
- The light pink pattern paper was cut at 4.17 x 5.65. I stamped the birthday sentiment on this sheet.
- I made two dark pink frames cut at 4.19 x 5.67 and then I cut a smaller square in the middle to make a frame. Then I used Colorbox Cat's Eye Chalk ink in Dark Peony along the edges of the frame.
- The acetate is cut at 4.19 x 5.67. I attached this to one of the pink frames with the red sticky tape. On the other pink frame I added some foam tape to pop it up for the microbeads to stay inside.
- Then I used red sticky tape and attached that frame to the light pink polka dot paper.
- Next, I put in the little multicolor micro beads and then attached the top part of the frame to the bottom section.
- I made 4 balloons measuring at 1.28 x 1.60 and inked them up. Then attached a string to the bottoms of the balloons and made a bow around the bottom.
- Last, I worked on the Birthday Slushy paper piecing which is cut at 1.94 x 3.74. I decided to make the penguin purple because I thought it'd go well with the other colors I was using.
- To finish the card off I added some Wink of Stella to the bottom purple part of the cupcake and I added it to the cupcake icing as well. Then I put some rhinestones on top of the bigger cupcake for the sprinkles. And added purple stickles to the sprinkles on the icing on the penguins head and on the purple stripes on the candle.
Below is a complete list of supplies and materials used to complete this project:
KaDoodle Bug File: Birthday Slushy
Cardstock: Core'dinations from JoAnns
Colorbox Chalk Cat's Eyes Ink: Dark Peony, Wisteria, Marigold.
& Stampabilities light blue ink for the blue pieces.
Stampin up: Pink chalk for the cheeks.
Adhesive: Atg Gun, Zig 2 way glue, Red sticky tape & Foam adhesive.
Clear Acetate: Shaker Window
Stampin Up: Birthday Wishes Sentiment from the Occasional Quotes Set.
Wink of Stella: Clear
Darice: Self stick gems
White Gel pen
Multi-color micro beads and white string.
If you like my blog posts be sure to hit the like button or feel free to follow me. I enjoy reading comments as well.