Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Solider Memorial Card

Hey Deer Friends,

         I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!! I'd like to thank all the Men and Women who gave it all for our Freedom!! I think the Bible says it best, Greater Love has no one than this, that he  lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13) This scripture was my inspiration for this card. I tried to get my Cricut to write the scripture on the card, but it didn't work out right. And my printer isn't working either or I would have tried that too. : (  I used a combination of two files from Kadoodle Bug Designs to create this card: Loving Memory Bears and Cutie Katoodles Army Penguin.



I messed up a few times when making this card, but sometimes you have to roll with it and keep going.  One of my mistakes was the sky it was too dark. I started out with blue and went to purple but it didn't look good. I then flipped the card to the opposite side and did yellows and oranges but you could still see some of the purple so, I had to put the grass up a little bit to cover it. Then I messed up on the grass and ended up having to trim the bottom piece. To cover that up, I cut a white trim border and it left a area at the bottom I could put the sentiment.

I wanted the middle cross to look like it was closer so, I popped it up and then I cut the two side crosses smaller and laid them flat so they appear further back. In the end, though the card turned out better than I expected



Below is a complete list of supplies and materials used to complete this project:
Paper Piecing
KaDoodle Bug Files: Cutie Katoodles Army Penguin & Loving Memory Bears.
Stand & Salute Cricut Cartridge: Dog Tags
Cardstock:  Core'dinations from JoAnn's & Paper Studio From Hobby Lobby.
Colorbox Chalk Cat's Eyes Ink: Black, Dune, Canary, Silver, Brown, Olive, & Moss Green.
Stampibilities Ink: Red, Sable & Grass Green
Stampin Up Ink: Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Rose Red, Apricot Appeal, & Barely Banana
Adhesive: Atg Gun, Zig 2 way glue, red sticky tape, foam adhesive.
Wink of Stella
Nuvo Drops: Dandelion Yellow
Brown Thread


Stop by Kadoodle Bug Designs website and check out the super cute New Releases !!

I hope you enjoyed this project today and be sure to check the blog in a few days for another teacher appreciation card.  I'd love to hear from you.



Have a blessed week !!! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment